Dr. (Mrs.) Shashi Rai
Dr. Shashi Rai did both her M.B.B.S. and M.D. (Psych.) from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, After her Post Graduation in 1989, she worked in the same institute as Senior Resident for three years. From 1993-1996 she worked as Pool Officer in the Deptt. Of Psychiatry, K.G.M.U., Lucknow. Since 1996 she is in Private Practice and is currently the Director of SAMBAL, Drug De-Addiction and Psychiatric Hospital at Indira Nagar, Lucknow.
- Chairman Richmond Fellowship Society (India) 2019 - 2022
- Secretary, Richmond Fellowship Society (India) Lucknow Branch. (since 2009)
- Chairperson Women Mental Health IAPP
- Advisor to IPS Specialty Section on Women Mental Health
- Member State Mental Health Authority Board UP
- National Advisory Board Member IAPP (Since 2016)
- Member District Mental Health Review Board Lucknow
Awards & Achievement:
Felicitated by Dr. Neeraj Bora, M.L.A. Lucknow on 01 July 2022
at IMA Bhawan during the celebration of Doctors Day
on Doctors Day Celebration Of IMA 2019
Received B.B. Sethi Oration Award
of Central Zone – in CIPCON 2012.
Nominated for “Women of Substance Award” by Hindustan Times for the year 2018
Received All India Highest Marks in Chemistry in 12 Class Board Examination.
Awarded National Talent Search Examination Scholarship 1978-1985.
Honored by Minister of Health and Rural Development Uttar Pradesh on Doctors Day 01 July 2019.
in 1978 for 7 years
- Few Publications in IJP, Indian Journal Of Private Psychiatry, Journal of Behavioural Sciences Central Zone
- Raveesh B N, Rai S, Kaur D, Bandhopadhaya D, Gautam P, Shetty J. et all. Domestic Violence current legal status. Psychiatric evaluation of victim and offender. Indian J. Psychiatry 2022; 64:S134-145.
- Rai S and Gupta B.NGO’s and their role in Mental Health Care in India.Indian Journal of Clinical Psychiatry(2021) VOL. 1
- Rai S, Pathak A, Sharma I, Postpartum Psychiatric Disorders: Early Diagnosis and Management. IJP 2015; 57 (Supp. 2) 2016 – 2021
- Agarwal A. K., Rai Shashi, Upreti M.C., Srivastava A.K., Sheeba, Day Care as an Innovative Approach in Psychiatry; Analysis of Lucknow Experience. IJP 2015, 57, 162-164
- Agarwal A.K., Rai Shashi, Srivastava S. Evolution of Research Paradigm for Psychiatric Practice, IJPP, Vol 11 (1), Jan –June 2017.
Rai S, (2013) Psychosocial Rehabilitation: A Specialized Approach IJBS Vol 23 (1) April 2013.
Rai S., (2014) Adolescent Substance Abuse: A public health priority (Presidential Address) IJBS, Vol 24 (1) June 2014.
- Rai S, Malik SC, Sharma D Behaviour Problem among Preschool children. Indian Pediatrics (1992) 475-478
- Bhatia M S, Singhal P. K, Rai Shashi, Nigam V.R. Malik S.C., Encopresis:An Analysis of 40 Cases. IJSP (1989) 5, 15-23.
- Bhatia M.S., Agarwal P, Rai S, Khastgir U, Bohra N, Malik S C. A study of Psychiatric Morbidity among elderly patients attending the medical out patient Department of a Teaching hospital. IJPS (1989) 5, 10-14
- Bhatia MS, Agarwal P, Khastgir U, Rai S et all. Psychiatric in-patient and outpatient referral in a Government Hospital. Indian Medical Gazette. December 1989, Vol: XXIII No.: 12 page 394-399.